Wednesday 30 May 2012

Chelsea Girls

One of the things I like most about London is all the cultural history embedded in every streetcorner. When I'm in Marylebone and Mayfair I fantasize about how The Beatles-members used to wander around those streets, how they ruled the cultural life of the city for a few years and made it swing. When I'm in Chelsea, I imagine Keith Richards stumbling out of his Edith Grove-flat with other members of the Stones, driving his Rolls Royce around Kensington whilst thinking up new guitar riffs. Although this London I dream about no longer exists, I still enjoy wandering around these mythical areas of the city, pretending there is still something magical in the air. 

Me, The Fab Four and Lotta.

Chelsea-market.

Jane at lunch. 


Beautiful door. 


Cheyne Walk, just noticed the dog in the window now. 

Jane and Lotta before crossing the river. 

Lotta and me on Albert Bridge.

I have never seen such a colorful and pastel-y bridge in my life.

It looks like it belongs in an amusement park!

Battersea Park. 

London has loads of great parks, but this is definitely a new favourite mainly because it was so trippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment